1) Operational cadence drives results and focus. Ours: Daily standups, weekly individual 30 minute 1 on 1's, weekly ops meetings, weekly sales meetings, weekly investor update, weekly dev planning, monthly strategy and financial reviews (aspirational), quarterly strategic retreats.
2) As a young company, keep the aperture wide to identify potential opportunities that can be game changing.
3) A reminder on the role of CEO:
a. Surround yourself with a great team - it makes life easier.
b. Make sure there is enough money - raise or sell - just don't run out.
c. Have courage - you'll often have to double down on your bets.
d. Stay healthy. PS.
It can be a heavy burden and lonely journey. Maintain healthy relationships and support systems.
4) Make it easy - to do business with, to understand, to explain.
5) Understanding customer persona's makes it easier.
6) Identify levers for growth. (Hint: Setting a monthly growth rate as a % is not a lever for growth.)
7) Help can come from unexpected interactions. So make sure you can explain your business - easy, simply, and quickly. Don't dismiss the power of the elevator pitch!